Board Meeting Minutes 06-25-15

WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Thursday, June 25, 2015
8:00 a.m.
Regular Meeting
135 Willow Rd., Willow Creek – District Office

MINUTES

1. CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL & DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM

Board Chair, Judy Gower called to order at 8:00 am. Directors present, Joe O’Hara, Tom O’Gorman, Mike Davis, with Bruce Nelson absent. 11 others in attendance.

2. ADOPT AGENDA

Copy of Agenda for this meeting June 25, 2015: For review and approval.

MSN (O’Hara/O’Gorman) Move to accept the agenda. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

3. ADOPT MINUTES

Of the May 28, 2015 meeting minutes in Board folders for review and approval.

MSC (O’Gorman/O’Hara) move to approve the minutes with an addition to 8.2 by Director O’Gorman he requested staff to move slowly with anything regarding downtown trees and with no surprises to the public. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

4. CONSENT ITEMS FOR BOARD APPROVAL

Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, too be acted upon by the Board of Directors at one time without discussion. If any Board member, staff member, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be removed so that it be acted upon separately.

4.1 Financial Statements for May 2015; and payables for June 2015.

4.2 Manager’s Report.

4.3 Safety Meeting – Blood Born Pathogens

4.4 Parks and Recreation

Manager Danel asked to pull 4.4 to make a two comments. First is the Beach and Camp Ground are doing really well this year. Income is up. This will help make up for last year’s beach closure due to algae. Second the flowers planted by the First Five group and the Kindergarten class were vandalized. Flowers and the dirt were stolen. Director O’Gorman offered to donate some flowers to replace the stolen ones. MSC (O’Hara/O’Gorman) move to approve 4.1 through 4.4. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

5. STAFF REPORTS

5.1 Water Department Report (Danel)

Manger Danel reported that Treatment Facility is running well. Pumping is running at 916,000 to 920,000 gallons per day. YTD last year we were 940,000 average. We are dead even with 2013 usage. We are not seeing any water savings so far, we hope to see some in the coming months. We had several leaks, one off Patterson Lane, two in front of Franks Garage, and one up Gulch Rd. All were service line leaks.

5.2 Waste Water (Advisory Committee)

There was no Waste Water committee meeting this month.

6. Board Member Report

Board Members’ comments, announcements, reports.

Joe O’Hara reported on a Waste to Wisdom class put on by HSU demonstrating different machinery for green waste uses. One machine makes burnable wood bricks you can burn in your wood stove or fire place.

7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS

7.1 GHD to present public hearing on Draft Environmental Impact Report.

Board discussion and public comment period

Susan O’Gorman present the Draft EIR report. The draft EIR started circulation June 15th, 2015 and July 29 at 5PM will be the dead line for the CEQA comment period. She presented an overview of what has been done so far with the grant process. This is the public comment period for the EIR. The Draft EIR has been posted on our website or you may come and read it at our office. All questions that are asked will be answered in the final report appendices. There will be no vote today, but in September GHD will ask the board to accept and certify the EIR. Any questions or comments may be emailed or faxed to the district office.

7.2 Staff recommends amendment to recreation budget to make repairs to the Down Town shade project. Form possible committee.

Board discussion

The Shade project was a community project, WCCSD was the funnel for that project. The 2001 agreement with Caltrans states we are responsible for everything, i.e.: Trees, grass, sidewalks, all maintenance is on the District. Manager Danel would like to ask the Board to approve $10,000.00 from the general tax 2500 fund. Our Recreation funds are very limited. This money would be set aside for major repairs only. Manager Danel would also like to see a committee formed to discuss down town issues, trees, sidewalks, traffic, fund raisers etc. Hopefully get business owners in involved. The Committee will report back to the Board with recommendations. MSC (O’Gorman/Davis) move to take $10,000.00 from the 2500 county tax fund for maintenance of the Downtown Shade project and to form a committee to facilitate downtown issues. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

8. NEW BUSINESS

NO new business this month.

9. REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS

All non Willow Creek Community Services District reports should not exceed 3 minutes

No action is required on these items, but the Board may discuss any particular item as required.

9.1 RREDC Report

Mike Davis reported.

9.2 Sheriff Report

No Report.

9.3 CHP Report

Officer Jager reported for the CHP.

9.4 United States Forest Service

No Report.

9.5 TAMWG Report

Ed Duggan reported.

9.6 Health Care Report

No Report.

9.7 W.C. Fire District

No Report.

9.8 W.C. Fire Safe Council

Barbara Darst reported.

9.9 Willow Creek Down Town Transient / Street issues Committee

No Report.

9.10 Transportation

No Report.

10. ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR

Rick Littlefield is a private property owner of the Old Marx Building, would like to see the trees in front of building trimmed up higher.

11. CLOSED SESSION

No Closed Session

12 . ADJOURNMENT

MSC (O’Hara/Davis) move to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 9:28am.