Board Meeting Minutes 10-22-15

WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Thursday, October 22, 2015
8:00 a.m.
Regular Meeting
135 Willow Rd., Willow Creek – District Office

MINUTES

1. CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL & DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM

Vice Chair, Bruce Nelson called meeting to order at 8:00 am. All directors present; Board Chair, J. Gower (with no voice), T. O’Gorman, J. O’Hara, and M.
Davis. Twelve others in attendance.

2. ADOPT AGENDA

Copy of Agenda for this meeting October 22, 2015: For review and approval.

MSC (O’Hara/J. Gower) move to approve the agenda. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

3. ADOPT MINUTES

Of the September 24, 2015 meeting minutes in Board folders for review and approval.

MSC (Gower/O’Hara) move to accept the minutes. Motion passed with unanimous approval

4. CONSENT ITEMS FOR BOARD APPROVAL

Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, too be acted upon by the Board of Directors at one time without discussion. If any
Board member, staff member, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be removed so that it be acted upon
separately.

4.1
Financial Statements for September 2015; and payables for October 2015.

4.2
Manager’s Report

4.3
Safety Meeting – Inspect and Respect Personal Protective Equipment

4.4
Parks and Recreation

Manager reported on 4.4 that we received some fire money, $6300.00 from Cal Fire, the USFS should be coming in soon.

MSC (Gower/O’Hara) move to approve the consent items. Motion passed with unanimous approval

5. STAFF REPORTS

5.1
Water Department Report
(Danel)

State Water Control Board performed a sanitary inspection on our system. They inspected; tanks, back flow, treatment facility etc. Inspector was very happy
with the District’s operations. The particle counter went bad and was sent away to be rebuilt. It has be received and re-installed and working great.
Shallow well #2 had a 45 year old check valve go bad and is being replaced. Our water usage for the first half of the month was approximately 650,000
gallons per day, we are now down to 400,000 gallons per day. Next month staff will inspect the filters. The Bussell project phase 1, road, gate, and demo
of tank is complete.

5.2
Waste Water
(Advisory Committee)

Pat Kaspari said he will report in 7.1

6. Board Member Report

Board Members’ comments, announcements, reports.

Director O’Gorman reported he needs to leave by 10:30.

7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS

7.1
GHD to ask approval for three resolutions. NO. 1, 2015-03 A reimbursement Resolution of the Board of Directors of the Willow Creek Community Services
District for the Downtown Wastewater Development Project.

NO. 2, 2015-04 District Designating the General Manager as the authorized representative with authority to sign and submit Clean Water State Revolving Fund
Application Materials, certify compliance with State and Federal Laws, execute the financial assistance agreement and amendments, and certify disbursement
requests for the Downtown Wastewater Development Project.

NO. 3, 2015-05 Establishing a dedicated source of revenue for repayment of any debt from the Clean Water State Revolving Fund financing agreement for the
downtown wastewater development project.

The three resolutions are a formality in the next step towards a Wastewater system. MSC (O’Hara/Nelson) Move to accept Resolution 2015-03, 04, and 05.
Motion passed 4.0, O’Gorman recused himself.

7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS Cont.

7.2
Bussell tank award of bid Phase 2. Six bids; the high was $338.700.00 and the low is $188,940.00

Board vote needed.

MSC (O’Gorman/Gower) move to accept Whitson’s Inc.’s bid of $188,940.00. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

8. NEW BUSINESS

8.1
Manager Danel is requesting $8000.00 from Recreation to replace the cook stove at Camp Kimtu.

Board vote needed.

MSC (Gower/Davis) move to approve funds to purchase new range and possibly a new range hood for the cookhouse. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

8.2
Josh with Trinity Valley Consulting Engineers is to present a design for the downtown drainage issue.

Board vote needed.

Josh went over a couple of idea’s to handle the drainage issue and after discussion with the Board, this will be on the agenda next month, with some
updates to the plans. Director O’Gorman would like to get Caltrans involved in with this they might be able to help out with some funding for this project.

8.3
Annual End of the Year Party, Dates to choose from December 12th or December 19th.

Board vote needed.

MSC (Gower/Davis) move to approve Dec. 12 as the date. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

9. REPORTS AND COMMUNICATIONS

All non Willow Creek Community Services District reports should not exceed 3 minutes

No action is required on these items, but the Board may discuss any particular item as required.

9.1
RREDC Report

Mike Davis reported for RREDC.

9.2
Sheriff Report

No Report.

9.3
CHP Report

Officer Matt Harvey reported for the CHP. NOTE: Non-emergency phone number for dispatch is

707-268-2000.

9.4
United States Forest Service

Andrew Spain reported for the USFS.

9.5
TAMWG Report

Ed Duggan reported for TAMWG.

9.6
Health Care Report

No Report.

9.7
W.C. Fire District

Jan Joki reported they are looking for Clerk of the Board and 2 Board Members. Please contact her if anyone has interest at 707-599-5622.

9.8
W.C. Fire Safe Council

Joe O’Hara reported for the Fire Safe Council.

9.9
Willow Creek Down Town Transient / Street issues Committee

No Report

9.10
Transportation

No Report

10. ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR

No items from the floor.

Manager Danel stated the property being looked at is the Stockel, and Stewart-Smith properties

11. CLOSED SESSION

At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider existing or anticipated litigation, liability claims, real
property negotiations, license and permit determinations, threats to security, public employee appointments, personnel matters, evaluations and discipline,
labor negotiations, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney- client privilege.

11.1 Board to discuss permission for Property Negotiations.

MSC (O’Gorman/Nelson) move to direct the General Manager to start negotiations. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

11.2 Report on Attorney discussion regarding possible litigation.

MSC (Davis/O’Gorman) move to allow removal of 2 trees in the best interest of the District. Motion passed with unanimous approval.

  • Director O’Gorman left the meeting.

12. ADJOURNMENT

MSC (Davis/O’Hara) move to adjourn at 10:30

The next regular Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for Thursday, NOVEMBER 19, 2015 at 8:00 a.m.