WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Thursday, November 18, 2021
COVID-19 notes: This meeting will be held by ZOOM.
TELECONFERENCE Via ZOOM & TELEPHONE:
Use ZOOM Meeting ID: 414 162 5718 (https://zoom.us/j/4141625718)
or DIAL IN: 1-669-900-6833 (press *9 to raise your hand to speak and *6 to mute / unmute)
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL & DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
Board Chair, Judy Gower, called meeting to order at 8:34 a.m. Directors present; Ed Duggan, and Shannon Hughes. Riley Morrison absent. Staff; General Manager, Susan O’Gorman and Lynn White. Others attended by Zoom.
- ADOPT AGENDA
Copy of Agenda for this meeting November 18, 2021: For review and approval.
MSC (Hughes/Duggan) move to approve the agenda. Motion passed.
- ADOPT MINUTES
Of the October 28, 2021 regular meeting. Minutes in Board folder for review and approval.
MSC (Hughes/Duggan) moved to approve the minutes. Motion Passed.
- CONSENT ITEMS FOR BOARD APPROVAL
Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, too be acted upon by the Board of Directors at one time without discussion. If any Board member, staff member, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be removed so that it be acted upon separately.
- 4.1 Financial Statements for September 2021; and payables for October 2021.
- 4.2 Manager’s Report
- 4.3 Safety Meeting – Chlorine and Hazardous Materials Safety
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move to approve the consent items. Motion Passed.
- STAFF REPORTS
- 5.1 Parks & Recreation Report (O’Gorman)
There is progress on the bike park, they are hauling dirt in. Manager O’Gorman is working with the county on the grading permit. Mike Belcheck is also helping out. He is a biologist with Yurok Tribe. The Baseball field is getting a face lift. New sand is going in on the infield. All of this will be reimbursed by grant funds. The campground is currently closed. Patty has done an amazing job and is a fantastic host. Todd Watkins will be taking down a couple more dead firs in the campground.
- 5.2 Water Department Report (O’Gorman)
The treatment plant pumped 16.6 million gallons. We are having issues with pump 3, again. The Bigfoot subdivision pump station is having issues the phone lines not working. We are running the pump station “On-Hand” Frontier knows of the problem. We had a major leak off Patterson.
- 5.3 Wastewater Report (O’Gorman & Stevens, GHD)
GHD, is hoping to go out to bid by the 2nd week of December. Manager O’Gorman will be on vacation all next week.
- Board Member Report
Board Members’ comments, announcements, reports
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- 7.1 Board to discuss ongoing Covid-19 situation and review and approve Resolution 2021-09 regarding continuing Remote Teleconferencing Meetings.
Board vote required.
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move to approve Resolution 2021-09. Motion passed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- 8.1 Board to consider Resolution 2021-10 Resolution of the Willow Creek Community Services District Recognizing and Honoring the Outstanding Service of Joe O’Hara.
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) moved to approve Resolution 2021-10 Honoring J. O’Hara.
- 8.2 Board to discuss options for filling vacant board member position. Per Government code, the position shall either be appointed after public notification, or a special election held.
Direction given to Manager O’Gorman to post position, ask for letters so the board can make decision on applicants. This is only filling the position to finish out J. O’Hara’s term ending in 2022.
- 8.3 Staff recommends creation of committee to discuss Commons Park and associated organizations, the Willow Creek Chamber of Commerce and the Willow Creek China Flat Museum.
Shannon Hughes will represent the District on this committee. Ed Duggan will be on committee from the W.C. China-Flat Museum, Lindsey Jones head of Chamber of Commerce. Meetings will be started December 8th at 5:30 p.m. Susan O’Gorman will make agenda’s for the committee.
- 8.4 Staff recommends a CEQA Categorical Exception is filled to construct a new Disc Golf course on the recently purchase Brizard property adjacent to Creekside Park.
Board vote required.
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move that Manager O’Gorman file the CEQA Categorical Exception to construct a new Disc Golf Course. Motion passed.
- REPORTS & COMMUNICATIONS
All non Willow Creek Community Services District reports should not exceed 3 minutes.
No action is required on these items, but the Board may discuss any particular item as required.
- 9.1 Sheriff Report
- 9.2 CHP Report
- 9.3 United States Forest Service
- 9.4 W.C. Fire Safe Council
- 9.5 W.C. Fire District
- 9.6 Health Care Report
Teri Humphry reported for the Open-Door Clinic.
- 9.7 RREDC Report
- 9.8 Humboldt County Visitors Bureau
Shannon Hughes Reported.
- ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR
Anyone wishing to address the Board on any items not found on the Agenda may do so at this time. A written Request for public comment should have been submitted to the Secretary to the Board prior to the Call to Order.
No items from the floor.
- CLOSED SESSION
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider existing or anticipated litigation, liability claims, real property negotiations, license and permit determinations, threats to security, public employee appointments, personnel matters, evaluations and discipline, labor negotiations, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney client privilege.
Board to discuss price considerations in making an offer to purchase property surrounding existing Bussell Tank.
Closed Session has been tabled.
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned at 9:44 a.m.