Board Meeting Minutes 05-26-22

1. CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL & DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM

Board Chair, J. Gower called meeting to order at 8:30 a.m.  All Directors present; E. Duggan, R. Morrison, C. Snow, S. Hughes.   Staff:  General Manager, Susan O’Gorman, Lynn White by zoom.   Other in attendance in person and by zoom.   

2. ADOPT AGENDA

Copy of Agenda for this meeting May 26, 2022:  For review and approval.

MSC (Hughes/Duggan) move to approve the agenda.    Motion carried.  

3. ADOPT MINUTES

Of the April 28, 2022, regular meeting. Minutes in Board folder for review and approval.

MSC (Morrison/Hughes) move to approve the minutes.   Motion carried. 

4. CONSENT ITEMS FOR BOARD APPROVAL

Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, too be acted upon by the Board of Directors at one time without discussion.  If any Board member, staff member, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be removed so that it be acted upon separately.

4.1 Financial Statements for April 2022; and payables for May 2022.

4.2 Manager’s Report

4.3 Safety Meeting – TBD

MSC (Snow/Hughes) move to approve the consent items.   Motion Carried.  

5. STAFF REPORTS

5.1 Parks & Recreation Report (O’Gorman)

A top dressing will be added to the bike track, it will be binding the top of the track.  This will make the surface stable.    8 new picnic tables were ordered 4 for the Commons, and 4 for the bike park.   Staff will be removing the fence behind the bathrooms by the Commons Park.  There are hazard trees in Creekside Park that staff will have  Watkins Tree Service take them down.    There will be some work on the Disc Golf course paid for by grant funding.    The soccer field now has an automatic sprinkler system.   

5.2 Water Department Report (O’Gorman)

We pumped 12 million gallons last month.   We had a leak at Patterson x Peach Tree.   We have a leak near the Fair Oaks Trailer Park.  We currently have a leak up on Forest View.    Wyatt McBroom just got back from the Backflow Classes.    We will be purchasing a new pump for the Bigfoot Pump station, so we have a back up. 

5.3 Wastewater Report (O’Gorman & Stevens, GHD)

Grant funding is still at the state level.   

6. Board Member Report 

Ed Duggan discussed the State’s water conservation plan.   How low Trinity Lake is and it’s into the cold-water pool and the water is getting to warm for the fish hatchery. 

7. UNFINISHED BUSINESS

7.1 Board to review Water Rate Study, prepared by Trinity Valley Consulting Engineers. Board to discuss a water rate increase which would include a public notification process pursuant to proposition 218.

This draft was reviewed, and it will be discussed again next month.   

8. NEW BUSINESS

8.1 Staff to present draft Budget for fiscal year 2022-2023.

The draft budget was presented and discussed.   It will be on next months agenda for board approval.   

9. REPORTS & COMMUNICATIONS

All non-Willow Creek Community Services District reports should not exceed 3 minutes.

No action is required on these items, but the Board may discuss any particular item as required.

9.1 Sheriff Report

No Report

9.2 CHP Report

Officer Gulick reported. 

9.3 United States Forest Service

No Report 

9.4 W.C. Fire Safe Council

Patti Pedigo reported for the Fire Safe Council. 

9.5 W.C. Fire District

Bob Kennedy Reported. 

9.6 Health Care Report

No Report 

9.7 RREDC Report

Riley Morrison reported meeting will be next week. 

9.8 Chamber of Commerce

Shannon Hughes reported

9.9 Humboldt County Visitors Bureau 

Shannon Hughes reported.   We can also remove this  report, if something comes up, she can report under 6. Board Member’s Report. 

10. ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR

Anyone wishing to address the Board on any items not found on the Agenda may do so at this time. A written Request for public comment should have been submitted to the Secretary to the Board prior to the Call to Order.

No Items from the floor 

11. CLOSED SESSION

At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider existing or anticipated litigation, liability claims, real property negotiations, license and permit determinations, threats to security, public employee appointments, personnel matters, evaluations and discipline, labor negotiations, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney client privilege.

Property Negotiations

Manager O’Gorman was giving instructions. 

12. ADJOURNMENT

MSC (Morrison/Snow) move to adjourn meeting.   Meeting adjourned at 10:20 a.m.