WILLOW CREEK COMMUNITY SERVICES DISTRICT
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Thursday, December 16, 2021
COVID-19 notes: This meeting will be held by ZOOM.
TELECONFERENCE Via ZOOM & TELEPHONE:
Use ZOOM Meeting ID: 414 162 5718 (https://zoom.us/j/4141625718)
or DIAL IN: 1-669-900-6833 (press *9 to raise your hand to speak and *6 to mute / unmute)
- CALL TO ORDER – ROLL CALL & DETERMINATION OF A QUORUM
Board Chair, Judy Gower called meeting to order at 8:30a.m. All directors present; S. Hughes, R. Morrison and E. Duggan. Staff; General Manager, Susan O’Gorman and Lynn White. Attendee’s by zoom and in person.
- ADOPT AGENDA
Copy of Agenda for this meeting December 16, 2021: For review and approval.
MSC (Hughes/Duggan) move to approve the agenda. Motion passed.
- ADOPT MINUTES
Of the November 18, 2021 regular meeting. Minutes in Board folder for review and approval.
MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move to approve the minutes. Motion passed.
- CONSENT ITEMS FOR BOARD APPROVAL
Consent Calendar items are expected to be routine and non-controversial, too be acted upon by the Board of Directors at one time without discussion. If any Board member, staff member, or interested person requests that an item be removed from the Consent Calendar, it shall be removed so that it be acted upon separately.
- 4.1 Financial Statements for November 2021; and payables for December 2021.
- 4.2 Manager’s Report
- 4.3 Safety Meeting – TBD
Board Chair pulled 4.1, to ask about charge in recreation department and Fire Camp money. The $6500.00 was for material for the ball field, we have been paid by the USFS, but just recently and did not show on last month’s financials. MSC (Duggan/Hughes) move to approve the consent items. Motion passed.
- STAFF REPORTS
- 5.1 Parks & Recreation Report (O’Gorman)
The Bike park is on hold due to weather. The Commons Park meetings have went well.
- 5.2 Water Department Report (O’Gorman)
Treatment plant pumped 11.9 million gallons of water for November. Kevin Latham is now a T3. This is the level needed to be chief operator for our Treatment plant. We have had many leaks this month. The Bigfoot pump station is up and running. Pump 3 is still not working. Pump 4 is pulling air. The little dump truck we purchased form Garret Watty is amazing and so helpful to our crew.
- 5.3 Wastewater Report (O’Gorman & Stevens, GHD)
WE ARE OUT TO BID! We went out to bid on Friday Dec. 10th.
- Board Member Report
Board Members’ comments, announcements, reports
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- 7.1 Board to discuss ongoing Covid-19 situation and review and approve Resolution 2021-11 regarding continuing Remote Teleconferencing Meetings.
MSC (Morrison/Hughes) move to approve Resolution 2021-11 Motion passed.
- 7.2 Board to discuss filling vacant board member position. Per Government code, the position shall either be appointed after public notification, or a special election held.
MSC (Morrison/Hughes) moved to accept Caroline Snow to fill the vacant board member position. Motion passed.
- NEW BUSINESS
- 8.1 Board to review request by David & Anne Avelar for a new water meter in Bigfoot subdivision, at 475 Forest View Drive. Without a building permit, this request must be approved by the board.
This item has been tabled. Manager O’Gorman was given direction.
- 8.2 WCCSD Board to pick new officers for Board Chair, Vice Chair and representative for RREDC.
MSC (Morrison/Hughes) move that Judy Gower remain Board Chair and Ed Duggan Vice Chair. Motion passed. Riley Morrison will continue to be our representative to RREDC.
- REPORTS & COMMUNICATIONS
All non Willow Creek Community Services District reports should not exceed 3 minutes.
No action is required on these items, but the Board may discuss any particular item as required.
- 9.1 Sheriff Report
Lt. Miller reported for the Sheriff Department.
- 9.2 CHP Report
- 9.3 United States Forest Service
- 9.4 W.C. Fire Safe Council
Barbara Darst reported for the Fire Safe Council.
- 9.5 W.C. Fire District
Bob Kennedy reported for the Fire District.
- 9.6 Health Care Report
- 9.7 RREDC Report
- 9.8 Humboldt County Visitors Bureau
Shannon Hughes reported for the Visitors Bureau.
- 9.9 Lower Trinity River Prescribed Burn Association
Blaze Shannon reported for the LTRPBA.
- 9.10 Bigfoot Museum
Shannon Hughes reported for the Museum.
- ITEMS FROM THE FLOOR
Anyone wishing to address the Board on any items not found on the Agenda may do so at this time. A written Request for public comment should have been submitted to the Secretary to the Board prior to the Call to Order.
Shannon Hughes asked to have Veterans Park and Kimtu Beach bathrooms open during the day.
- CLOSED SESSION
At any time during the regular session, the Board may adjourn to closed session to consider existing or anticipated litigation, liability claims, real property negotiations, license and permit determinations, threats to security, public employee appointments, personnel matters, evaluations and discipline, labor negotiations, or to discuss with legal counsel matters within the attorney client privilege.
MSC (Duggan/Morrison) move to adjourn meeting. Meeting adjourned at 10:03 a.m.